Sunday, April 18, 2010

iPhone Enhances Everyday Learning

I have always been frustrated when I read.

Whenever I come across a word or concept foreign to me, I am forced to stop.  I dutifully research the unknown idea.  If I don't then I might as well not be reading. 

Notes I want to take while reading can be burdensome, too.  But if I don't have something to remind me of what I learned, then I might as well not be reading.

This is where the iPhone has been a big help.  I can quickly Google a word I don't know and take a photo of some sentence worth remembering.  I don't need to reposition myself just to use my laptop or to jot down a note. I can do all my auxiliary reading tasks while remaining in the same reading position!

So now, reading is more enjoyable and less tedious.  

Obviously researching and annotating are not limited to books.  Now, whenever I have a need to satisfy my curiosity, my iPhone is at my fingertips waiting to help me.  

The iPhone has truly helped enhance everyday learning.  

But the iPhone is just the beginning of what ubiquitous computing can do.

Soon our curiosities will be answered automatically when we come across a foreign idea.  The act of being confused will have a certain electromagnetic signature in our brains which our devices can detect.  From there, our devices will sense what we are experiencing, research those things we may not understand, and push the result to our augmented reality displays.

This could happen, right? Or maybe I'm just wthoutaclue.  

Posted via web from wthoutaclue's posterous

No comments: